Think about Chinese food and the first thing that comes to our mind is fried rice. Today I am sharing a very simple and flavourful recipe of basic vegetable fried rice. This can be served with Kung pao chicken, Cauliflower manchurian or any other Chinese gravy of your choice.
Serves = 4 to 5
3 cups long grained basmati rice
3 to 4 spring onions finely chopped
1/2 cabbage cut into thin strips
2 carrots finely chopped
10 to 12 beans finely chopped
1/2 cup peas
1 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
Salt to taste
1/2 cup oil
- Boil water in a large pan and add salt.
- When water starts boiling add the washed and drained rice to it and cook till the rice is 3/ 4th done.
- Using a strainer drain out the excess water and allow the rice to cool. Make sure that the rice grains remain separate and do not stick with one another.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, add spring onion bulbs and saute for a minute.
- Now add peas, carrot and saute till they are half cooked.
- Add beans and cabbage and cook for some time.
- Keep stirring the vegetables in high flame to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- When the vegetables are cooked and still crisp, add salt and soya sauce.
- Mix well and add the cooked rice.
- Gently mix everything and make sure that the rice does not break.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.