Soya chunks are rich in proteins and are often used in pulao. Today I am sharing a stir fry recipe of soya chunks that I tried recently. The soya chunks got cooked in less than 15 minutes and tasted fabulous in the pepper and onion gravy.
2 cups soya chunks (I used Nutrela)
2 onions cut into large pieces
2 green chillies
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp pepper powder
¾ tsp salt
A handful of coriander leaves
1 ½ tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp oil
- Cook the soya chunks in water according to packet instructions.
- Squeeze out the excess water and keep ready.
- Take onions, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, coriander leaves and salt in a mixer jar and grind all to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ground paste to it.
- Stir well and cook for a few minutes till the raw smell goes.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- Finally add the soya chunks.
- Toss for a few minutes till the soya chunks are nicely mixed with the masalas.
- Check for taste, add salt or pepper powder if necessary.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapathi or as a side dish with rice.