Who says cakes without eggs are not soft and delicious. Then that person would surely have not come across this recipe of Eggless sponge cake. This eggless cake is made with curd and is as delicious, soft and spongy as a normal egg cake.
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
1 cup thick curd
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ cup oil
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Take curd in a bowl, add sugar and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Set this aside for 5 minutes. You will see bubbles appearing.
- Meanwhile switch On your oven and preheat it for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Add vanilla essence and oil to the cake mix and stir well.
- Seive all purpose flour twice and add this little by little to the cake mix.
- Fold well such that there are no lumps.
- Transfer the cake mix to a greased aluminum cake pan and place it in the central rack of the oven.
- Bake with the lower rods ON at 180 degree C for about 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely, then invert it into a plate and cut into small squares.
- Your eggless cake is ready to be served.